Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Proud Moment

We have these dear children and we try to teach them and hope that they do well in school. Personally one of my favorite moments is when they learn to spell their names. The first time they do it you are overwhelmed that this tiny baby that came from your loins can now write and read their own name and your joy is full. Then you get into the car one day and you see this....

This is not the first time this has happened. The other time it was a portable DVD player and a safety pin. Needless to say she enjoys her name and has a bright future as a tagger. I'm glad that I could laugh this one off and no matter how many times I say " Kate, what's the only thing we write on?" it hasn't sunk in yet.

7 comments:

Bek said...

You think it is ever sink in..I mean seriously look who the father is.

Trish Olsen said...

thats tooo sweet!!!!!

Jackson 3 said...

Lol...that is funny! I remember when I was little, I thought I was a GENIUS when I came up with the idea to write "JOEY" on the wall! I even got a step stool so it would be higher up on the wall.
Moral of the story: Teach Kate how to spell "DAPHNE" big sis will love it!

Kristin said...

That's funny. You know it could be worse. One time when I was driving home through pocatello there was a trailer house that had spray paint on the skirting that said "happy bday sister" So maybe the car isn't so bad.

Unknown said...

Good job at turning something that could be aggravating into a positive. Yea for Kate!

me and you plus two said...

You're the best momma to laugh that off! I want to be like you..ppprrrrrr

Heidi said...

That Kate is quite the writer!!